AFCC's Virtual Community... Our Stories, Tales, and Fables for the Wounded Healer

Who is the wounded healer?... ...Those who want to fix the ills of man but recognize their own brokenness. This is a place to come, to rest, to share the journey of Christ’s healers. Let this be a kind of interactive oasis for the Catholic Chiropractic soul.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massapequa, NY 516 454 0400, United States

is a Chiropractor and Clinical Nutritionist in Massapequa Long Island. His encounter with God through his meeting with Mother Teresa early in his career set the tone for the kind of practice he would pursue. While blessing his hands she requested that each person he layed his hands on would be seen by him as if they were Christ. This has been a great challenge to say the least!; however as a result he attempts to bring that spirit to ordinary everyday folks while treating their pains and their illnesses. To see more of Dr K's activities and healing approach click Dr. Kevin Kulik above and go to his website @ Dockulik.com

Wednesday

The little things make the Big difference...Catholic style!.. by Dr. Kevin Kulik


"Its the little things that make the big difference"
Back in the 80’s that was a slogan by one of the
“Big ” practice builders.
Most of these new age, humanistic, corporate American, or whatever you want to call them “slogans” use to drive me crazy.
However, this one took on a new meaning for me

You just have to read this!

One day I was in my office, it was a cold dark March evening.
(sounds like the beginning of a good murder mystery)
It was getting toward the end of the night and I really wanted to leave because there was supposed to be a great speaker at my Church that night beginning a Lenten retreat.
To my surprise my assistant told me that a new patient was coming in. She seemed pleasant enough but there was something strange about her.

Did you ever meet someone who was smiling on the outside
but crying on the inside?
Well this was Betty.

I proceeded with my exam and made small talk.
(I use “small talk” to try to open the door to discern where the patient is physically, mentally, and spiritually.) On a good day and with the grace of God it takes a few minutes of small talk to evaluate them, but I could not quite read her but something told me,
Betty was in the
“Danger Zone.”

After I completed her visit I felt compelled to ask her,

“Betty is everything ok?”
“Is there anything else I can help you with?’

With a big smile she made a joke and said
“What could be wrong?
I just had a really bad day today that’s all."

Doc "Do you want to talk about it?"

Betty " No, not really. I’ll be fine."

Now Doc’s here’s why it’s important to pray for guidance and discernment every day. The Holy Spirit will guide you and work through you even when your not sure what is going on with your patient if, you are simply an “open vessel.”

What happened next surprised both of us!

Something was "gnawing at my spirit" and to my surprise I did something I usually never do,
(and I don't recommend this very often)

I crossed over the Doctor/Patient relationship
and asked her if she would like to go to the
Lenten retreat that night.

To her surprise she said yes!

You see Betty hadn’t been to Church in about 20+ years. I learned afterward she had been involved with “organized crime type people” and that she lived a very colorful life to say the least.

My next surprise came when she joined my Church after the mission, and started becoming heavily involved in the various ministries there.

My final surprise however left me in humble thanksgiving and praise for the power of our almighty God.

You see after a number of years Betty became so involved in our Church that one day she was actually giving one of the talks
on an annual retreat in our parish.

She began to share her life story and how it was going down hill for many years because of her lifestyle.
She continued
"One night I contemplated suicide
but because that night my chiropractor asked me to go to church
with him it never happened!"

You see the message that night was exactly what she needed
to hear to change her life!.

We have been friends ever since and yes she is also, still a patient
and never lets me forget what I did for her.
It would be easy to bask in the glory of this victory. However, I have come to realize that sometimes, when we are fortunate, and we cooperate with God's grace , He allows us a small peak into His Great plan. You see I believe nothing is a coincidence and that every good we do for someone acts as a stepping stone toward their ultimate salvation. I just happened to be fortunate enough to be one of the last of many stepping stones in Betty's life.

It would be like if someone set up thousands of dominos
when you came to visit and they gave you
the privilege of pushing over
the final piece to experience the magic of their handiwork!

(ROM 8:28 We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.)

So lets evaluate this from a Chiropractic and spiritual point of view.
1) First off I did very little, practically nothing.
I simply had a desire to be open to the Spirit


2) God through my seemingly insignificant act of obedience saved a life, a soul, and the hundreds she has touched ever since her “conversion.”


3) God truly takes the little things...
... and makes the big difference.


So Get Uncomfortable!!!


Offer your little loaves and fishes
and let our God take the ordinary...
... and make it extraordinary!


Peace!
Kev

Dr Kevin Kulik practices on Long Island NY. It is his hope and prayer to inspire the Catholic Chiropractor to "Be Christ" to his patients by his stories and those of other Chiropractors around the world.

Share your comments:Please participate in our community by adding your comments, ideas, or suggestions. By clicking the"COMMENTS" link at the bottom of the page you will see any comments already posted and a "post a comment" link which will allow you to post your own comments

Forward this story to a friend: Click the envelope at the bottom of the page

Submit a story of your own: If you ever thought about being a missionary from the comfort of your home, heres your big chance! Your story can reach hundreds of Catholic Chiropractors all around the world. Each one of them has the potential of inspiring thousands of people. Each one of them has the potential to... ( well I think you know where I'm going with this)

You supply the inspiration, we supply the pulpit, and God supplies the Grace, to change the world...

...one person at a time.

E Mail your story right now to: dockulik@yahoo.com

Back to AFCC homepage http://www.afcc.net/



live web statistics

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You for the inspiration!!!!!

Robert Hochfelder,D.C.
Miami

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful testamony of how to "Let Go" and "Let God", to just do what you feel the Holy Spirit is asking you to do or say for the good of the patient and God's Kingdom. Learning to be obedient to God's will is something we should pray about every day.
Thank you for being obedient to God's will for you to invite your patient to the retreat and to start this web site. The spiritual food that we will recieve here may just keep a "starving" chiropractor from giving up and "dying" as the healer she/he has been called to be.

Melissa Vrazel-Ramirez, D.C.
thecareclinic@aol.com
The C.A.R.E. Clinic
Angleton,TX
St. Anthony's Danbury, TX

7:03 AM  
Blogger Dr Kevin Kulik said...

Hi Kevin

From Australia

I read you articile and rejoice with you about God's work through you! What an awesome work of the Lord. Talk about miracles in our midst. I will get to work on mine - soon/


Bro in Christ


Daniel Dahdah

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Radler, Edward" EDDIER@msmary.edu wrote:
Kevin,

The messages on the website should be read by more people than just chiropractors.
May the Lord continue to bless and protect you.

Radler

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home